Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook makes us miserable ... apparently.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ARRIVALS, Aug 16, 2013.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

According to the University of Michigan, young adults feel less happy the more they check their Facebook page.

"The study saw a group of young people being sent text messages throughout the day asking how they were feeling and if they had used Facebook since they were last contacted. The more the participants used Facebook during the period of time between being contacted, they worse they felt."

Looking at Facebook can make you miserable, university claims | The Drum
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

The first response on that site sums it up perfectly...

"Facebook is basically a showcase where people post the highlights of their life. When you go on Facebook you basically see the best bits of everyone's life"

My friends are bound to get pissed off!! :icon_biggrin:
  3. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy Member

I think it depends who your friends are, most of mine are great and only post positive or interesting things along with the occasional joke. But then you get the "oh I'm having such a s*** day!" except it is every day, they only ever post about how bad things are etc. and if you have too many people like this on your friends list it is bound to rub off on to you.
  4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I've hidden updates from most of my "friends" for that exact reason, and now just see stuff from people I actually give two shits about. There's too many people who just complain about their lives or share every little thing instead of getting out there and living it.

Facebook in general just pisses me off, and turns me into an old moaning git. No, I don't want to play Candy f*cking Crush or any other pointless games, and believe it or not I actually don't care what you're about to eat, or what you're drinking, or that you're having a barbecue. Oh, and please stop "checking me in" to places. Nobody except the people I'm with and probably my mum care that I'm there.

Eurgh, time for another friends-list cull I think...
  5. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy Member

I hear you Paul! And don't get me started on those who's existance on Facebook is only to share the "believe in yourself" and "true friends are..." type of quotes that just make you want to vomit! lol
  6. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

One of many reasons I deleted my Facebook account 3 years ago. 'Social' life was better before Facebook and life in general has been better ever since I got rid of Facebook. You become much more focused without the annoyance of an unnecessary thing such as FB.