Facebook Like buttons / Remove likes

richimgd

Now then everyone,

I have a bit of a question about Facebook like buttons. I have on my own website (plug here www.imgd.co.uk :rolleyes:) added a few like buttons on various pages.

In particular on the homepage, Is there a way of removing these likes? It seems there is an alternative way I want to setup the likes on this page, but no matter what I do it seems that that specific URL is associated with those likes and therefore stops those likes from working in any other way. What I mean by that is the way I want to set it up now is that when someone clicks 'like' on the homepage, I want to so that it leaves a permanent link on the users Facebook profile under 'Activities And Interests' An example of a site I have got this working on is Michael Welch Sculptures
If you notice on that link, if you click like it will add 'Michael Welch Sculptures' and a thumbnail image to your Facebook profile in the relevant section I just mentioned.

It seems I cant modify my own website now since I have already got an existing set of likes associated with it....

Managed to sort this out. The CSS cannot target the facebook like button its self as that is hosted from facebook, but it can target an ouside container if the like button has been put in one which is what I did for thr Michael Welch Sculptures site.

Back