Facebook advertising

I wouldn't advertise on there really, but you could use it as a form of networking and keeping in contact with old clients and existing clients.

I've trialled some advertising for various bits & pieces Lee, from my experience the CPC is very high & the CTR is extremely low, although that may have been down to the ad/niche of course. The ability to focus in on specific demographics, and interests/likes is the major benefit, meaning you can really hone in on your target audience, but I would say it depends on who the audience are, as to whether they will a) look at any ads on FB & b) click any ads.

Would probably look at LinkedIn advertising before FB if I was to advertise design services :)
HTH, Greg

CPC- Cost per Click
CTR- Click-through Rate

Yes, the specific targeting is quite attractive, but I take your points.

I'm trying to target potential Glasgow/Scottish central belt clients within a particular age range, and FB makes this very easy. You say the CPC is high, which it is, but I'm guessing only those with an interest in my services will click through. If that's right I'm willing to pay a bit more to attract their eyes...

Also being able to track the success on a real-time basis is pretty handy, as is not being tied into a contract.

I'll update this post with my experiences of it as well in due course...

Lee Facebook advertising is great for certain businesses and products. As you probably know you can target people based on their interests to a surgical level. So for example if you could chose to just advertise to 21 year old, German, trans-gender, balooning enthusiasts if you felt that was your target market. However when I had a sandblasting business I wasn't really able to establish my market any more specifically than being local, male and between 30 and 45 (based on previous jobs). The campaign hit it's quota so quickly but it must have been people clicking for the sake of it because I got zero leads!

Ohhhh I get it now! You mean those little ads on the side!!

You could lure people in with pictures of attractive girls, that seems to be the jist of the majority of ads on there!!

You're probably better off picking up the yellow pages and making cold calls for free...

Chris Lord said:
Ohhhh I get it now! You mean those little ads on the side!!

You could lure people in with pictures of attractive girls, that seems to be the jist of the majority of ads on there!!

You're probably better off picking up the yellow pages and making cold calls for free...

Or pics of me in my Christmas mankini...?

Back