Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F*****g Sky!!!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Sky awarded the rights to show the Grand Prix, meaning the BBC will no longer show all the races live, only a matter of time before it is no longer shown on terrestrial TV!!!...as with all good programs. But all races will be broadcast on BBC Radio 5 live...Fuck Off!

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

They'd better not make a total mess of it like ITV did a few years ago. I really enjoy the BBC coverage. I have Sky so not an issue as far as that goes but I used to hate having ads in the middle of races on ITV and Sky will have to pay for this somehow as I doubt it will attract that many new subscribers.

3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

You're so posh, I only have Council TV :icon_biggrin:

4. mitz4444

mitz4444 New Member

mate I know what you mean,

It really reminds me of the time when they took over the cricket aswell.

How I wish the England Vs India test matches were covered by Channel 4,
    They did a fantastic job of making test cricket more appealable to the less informed,
    and the banter was absolutely top draw, from the likes of richie beneat and geoffrey boycott

Sky sports Tossers

5. Print-365

Print-365 Member

Found that out this morning, totally pissed me off now today. Sky have been trying to get the rights for F1 for years, now there in they'll just blow the BBC out of the water with a huge bid in 6-7 years time when the rights are up for negotiation again. Totally gutted, the BBC were doing a great job & this years coverage has been great.

Will only be a matter of time before the world cup, Wimbledon etc etc are all shown only on sky. I have Sky but there build up to events are OTT & cheesy and most of there commentators are crap!

Just seen this tweet from Martin Brundle "Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options - Not impressed" Twitter

Full story here BBC and Sky to share F1 broadcast rights | Media | guardian.co.uk

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Yeah, breaks during the F1 :( That's going to properly suck. Sky's coverage is average at best and the BBC were doing a great job. Grrrr :mad:

7. djb

djb Member

I always thought that the manufacturers & sponsors pretty much demanded it was on free-to-view TV?

Anyway, they’ll get it back in a few years when they compare the viewing figures of the races shown on BBC versus Sky.

PS: Sky can f*ck right off if they think they’ll be getting me as a subscriber. I’m still on analogue!

8. djb

djb Member

Surely Mr Ecclestone will be speaking out of his bottom then, as the clause doesn’t stipulate that it’s alright if only 50% is show on free to air? The sooner the evil midget is banged up for bribery the better.

9. sthomas

sthomas Member

Apparently Sky won't be having ad-breaks during the actual race...

10. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

In which case you'd miss the F1 anyway coz they're turning analog off soon! lol:icon_tongue_smilie:

11. djb

djb Member

Fair point!

On a side note, had an iMac in my kitchen this weekend and was watching telly via the iPlayer live service. Makes me wonder whether to bother with digital/cable/sky at all.

Edit: Forgetting about the F1 obviously.

12. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

In theory, you could watch tv via iplayer 4OD and tvcatchup and never need a tv license!