Eye Design personal project

hero88shima

Hello everyone.. this is my first post here but of course not the last. anyways
I decided with two of my friends to start a personal project for graphic designing as freelancers.
we picked the name "Eye Design" for the project, I finished the logo and now I need some thoughts about it.

eyedesign_contrast.jpg

eyedesign_concept.jpg
Looking forward to know your thoughts.

There's a lot going on and I don't read "EYE" in the logo at all.

Curious as to why you didn't shape the flow part like like 'Y'

Looking at it I initially saw a camera for thought 'photography.'

Reading it I instantly thought of the opticians and one of their optical machines for checking vision.

I only read 'EYE' if I force myself to and thats after viewing your breakdown images.

I dislike the font in this context.

Don't see eye.... at best I thought it was to do with taps or something.... doesn't help with you using a 'water fountain' as part of the logo

I'm so glad to know your thoughts on the logo guys.

There's a lot going on and I don't read "EYE" in the logo at all.

Curious as to why you didn't shape the flow part like like 'Y'

@hankscorpio Maybe I would let go the idea of simulating "roman column" to make the "EYE" more obvious.

As for the shape of the "Y" my intentions were to simulate water motion of the fountain.
Thanks for the reply.

Looking at it I initially saw a camera for thought 'photography.'

Reading it I instantly thought of the opticians and one of their optical machines for checking vision.

I only read 'EYE' if I force myself to and thats after viewing your breakdown images.

I dislike the font in this context.

@CLHB Which part of the "Concept" parts you think I should let go to make the logo simpler, and for the font do you suggest a thicker or a thinner font for this logo?
Thanks for the reply.

Don't see eye.... at best I thought it was to do with taps or something.... doesn't help with you using a 'water fountain' as part of the logo

@Levi I did put a lot of effort on the concept, maybe too much effort it became complicated, which part of the concept you think I should let go to make it obvious and simpler ? and your thoughts on the font ?
Thanks for the replay.

+1
same for me. It's really hard to understand your concept, it doesn't work. Keep working on it, try some new concept. In fact the idea of using eye + column + fountain flow is pretty good but you need to find a better way to mix them.

I just think the term 'Eye Design' in general doesn't work. It is too confusing as a graphic design brand name. 'iDesign' would make more sense, although you'd obviously be ripping off a certain company too much, and it's been over done anyway.

As weak as this may sound, even 'See Design' would work better, as at least it cannot be mistaken for another industry.

Back