Exige Design logo concept

codie1991

Hey guys just came up with a few interesting concepts for a proper logo for my design portfolio exige design.

Here's the one I have started to develop, please note it's no where near complete, adjustments to the shape of the logo need to be made and I'm looking for a nice playful typeface still that feels fun and creative (any ideas would be great.)

Mainly just wanting your guys opinion on the IDEA, but course criticism is always welcome if you feel like it.

Enjoy! :clap:

exige_design_logo_concept_by_Codiew.png

Edit: Heres my newer version

Exige_Design_logo_by_Codiew.png

Hi

There's something about the font which i am not to sure on. It just seems untidy.

I'm liking the paper clip idea which can evolve into corporate gifts to send to customers etc.

needs to be less fat.

looks like a FAT paper clip. is it supposed to look like a paperclip?
what does exige mean? is it a name for yourself?

wouldn't the "design" be italic, feels a bit backwards and awkward bein italic first,

looks nice, you can tell you worked hard. i agree tho i think you should make it less fat, and the font is a bit strange to me. i also dnt get the paper clip thing... first thing that hit me was a stationery company... how wrong was i.

Definately italic last. I think it looks awkward as you ahve two different serif fonts being used which definately dont compliment eachother.

Try a serif font for exige and a nice sans serif for design in italics....

I like the idea of the paperclip personally, however i think I only realised it was eD becuase Im a designer and I knew there was a deeper meaning than just a paperclip.

The "e" and "D" need to be more obvious...

Really like the paperclip idea but like people have said above it needs to be a bit thinner. Not sure on the fonts below I think I would of switched them to exige in cpas and design lowercase but thats just me.

i think I only realised it was eD becuase Im a designer and I knew there was a deeper meaning than just a paperclip.

I'm a designer Phil, and I didn't notice... does this mean I'm not a designer? That sucks.

Thats a fair point - but it really asnt what I was saying.

I just dont think many people who dont design, are itnerested in art or are artists will pay attention to it enough to realise it is an "eD"

I noticed it was ed.. I thought it was pretty clever.. But I'm a sucker for simple stuff like that. I think the font for exige design should be clean and simple, like the paperclip.

captainrage said:
I noticed it was ed.. I thought it was pretty clever.. But I'm a sucker for simple stuff like that. I think the font for exige design should be clean and simple, like the paperclip.

So did I. I agree.

concepts is good, just need art directing to beef it into a solid brand identity.
graphic shape great - now give it substance. Typography crap - put in bin and check out other great brand id's - remember - K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid

Hey guys, sorry I have been quite busy managing my school work and several local events currently to have any personal project time however i have just posted the design I made the day after the one i posted on here, Suggestions are again welcomed as are critique.

To answer some previous thoughts, the eD being noticeable to me is more of a FedEx arrow ideology. Its there and enhances the logo but isn't relevant to the logo as a whole. The Paper Clip icon is symbolic of being able to hold a companies documents together, a tool for organization and generally handy invention, I believe design is very similar to the utility of a paper clip hence the match, you may feel differently towards a paperclip im not sure.

Anyway please let me know what you think.

Back