Exact Recreation Black Spiral

Stefan

Hi,
I have taken the responsibility of recreating this bespoke Spiral (see attachment, its only the black white spiral, not the colour swatches around edges), which is used for photographic lens calibration which was damaged by a junior apprentice at the place I work, which will cost him huge amounts of money to replace, if not his job. I have struggled doing this using Illustrator, can someone please please help me create this, the accuracy of the spiral is vital to the calibration of a camera lens.
Kind Regard

Attachments

• 1613 Test Chart - Recreate.jpg
    1613 Test Chart - Recreate.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 6
In an aesthetic sense, it could be recreated but as it's for calibration then it could be a bit hit and miss as it may look right but not be right.

There is the spiral tool in Ai but I find it rather clunky at best.

What is the original image? Is it printed?

Yes printed at the cost of approximately £3,000. Here was the the actual mistake the junior did, you'll see i started to correct it in Photoshop, but it will be reprinted and stuck onto the original print which is about 5mtr in length (spiral about 1.2mtr sq.)

Attachments

• Small - 041U2428.jpg
    Small - 041U2428.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 6
Scotty, could you produce something that is similar, I'm sure it's more about the overall spiral design as opposed to the number of spirals, the gaps and thickness of the spiral etc. Thanks again, you might have given this young chap a second chance in the camera industry!

Hi all, I have cracked it, recreated the spiral beyond expectations. Scotty Id like to say thank you for your quick reply and constructive advice!

Back