Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone loves apple... but...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Feb 22, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Surely no one has anything good to say about itunes?

What a monumentally long winded peice of s*it program that is, I love my drag and drop samsung but still have to add files to my dads ipod.

C'mon apple lovers, lets hear the excuses!

2. Personally have no problems with iTunes on my Macbook :) but thats just me :) sync's perfectly with my iPhone and with all the other little things (trying to get my TV to hook up to it too at the moment :D HDMI goodness :D

3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Everything it does is anoying, its aimed at retards and tried to do it all for you, everything is over complicated and often fails. :mad:

4. well i've had no problems .. but i'm not doing anything other than music and renting movies from it to be honest :)

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I don't have any problems with it... Could you be more specific on your problem?

6. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Excuse's, none.

Quite simple answer really. . . . . .

Your thick :p

7. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Sorry i've been happily enjoying my itunes to notice the theme of this thread...

...hmm.

Don't like itunes eh?

Fair enough.

8. Michae

Michae Member

I guess it all depends on what kind of use you have for itunes. Personalliy I love making playlists, and I want those spesific lists and nothing else on my 'pod. And that's easy peasy, I just check the lists I want and that's it. Or you can just drag and drop artists, albums or songs into the 'pod on the sidebar... I think iTunes is very easy to use, maybe because I used it several years before I even got a Mac.

Nowadays though, iTunes is dustig down a bit, Spotify is the all new rage now.

9. No probs with it for me! :)

10. Harry

Harry Senior Member

You're thick. I guess that's what they call irony ;)

11. *Dies laughing!* :up:

12. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

haha! That has made my day!

13. br3n

br3n Senior Member

theres no argument for it, winamp + drag and drop mp3 players annihilate itunes.

14. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

Brilliant... people calling each other thick on forums... takes me back to the 90s...

anyway, I hate iTunes too... prolly because I'm used to using WinAmp on a PC... I don't want to spend time making custom play lists, I just want to queue up music I want to listen to on any given day... my music library is already organised on my hard drive, why would I want my music software to organize it again? I also hate iPods and iPhones... what's wrong with having the thing show up as a hard drive on your computer so you can drag and drop mp3s in a folder on the thing called 'music'... that's how it used to work, and now stoopid Creative are employing iTunes similar software for their new players?! Surely ppl go with Creative MP3 players and the like to get away from iTunes?! Also, why does iTunes have to fill my entire screen? Can't it just have a small interface like WinAmp? Especially when you get the MMD3 skin... the minimised version of that is perfect.

15. I think its horses for courses :) the PC works much better with WinAmp and drag and drop :) while the Mac works better with the iTunes method :) both ways are equally as good so I dont think one is better than the other :)

16. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I have no reference point so maybe that's why I don't have any problems with it...

17. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Just to clear this up. I know Br3n extremly well, infact he did the design for my new website! So if people think i was insulting him, I was! But in a joke manner which i am sure he got!

18. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I wasn't thinking you were trying top offend. I was pointing the out he irony of you spelling 'you're' wrong when trying to call someone thick :p

19. br3n

br3n Senior Member

At no point was I offended by anyone, Its hard to be offended by people stupid enough to think itunes is acceptable :p

Nik, we share exactly the same thoughts! dont get me started on mac's are better for design... theyre not better - theyre the same, but prettier. (cs3 runs quicker on my 5 year old pc than it does on a new 2008 mac)

also, Im all for picking up and abusing people for txt speak, after all its riduculous on a phone (predictive text solved that one) and to do it on a computer with a keyboard is even more ridiculous, however... Missing an apostraphy on an online forum is taking this battle a little too far imo.

theres some more irony for you :p

20. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

Can't complain really
    it does what it's supposed to