evaluate graphic design portfolio

ndrart

Hi everyone

I need to evaluate my graphic design portfolio in terms of quality and therefore know its creative and professional value. Do you know if there is a way (if it exists) to have an objective response from a reliable source, like a site or a paid/ free services?

Thanks guys

Cheers!

Just contact studios that do the sort of work you want to do and ask them for a critique. You'll get a better opinion from someone who actually does that sort of work day in and day out. I wouldn't ever pay for a critique since it will always inherently be subjective. Creativity can't be condensed into a list of checkboxes you can tick of that gives you an overall score at the end. People have probably tried to do that but that's not really how it works.

There are places you can gat a paid for portfolio review but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I know the AOI used to do them for Illustrators who had joined (at cost) but you had to god to their offices in London.
I also recall seeing something on Behance but not sure if that was a prize or something.

As usual, Paul has beat me to it but yes, ask people who know.

Thank you Paul, Thank you Scotty.
I agree with you guys. Far from London, but I think AOI could be interesting, I'm checking their site.

Oh... By the way. The AOI is The Association Of Illustrators.

If you join you used to get a free portfolio review but not sure if that's still the case.

Back