Ethical Reseller Hosting?

Hi All

Would like your opinions/expertise on something. I'm currently a reseller for Fasthosts hosting, they've been great for a long time, but some sites are just playing up too much on their servers recently. So, I'm looking to move.

Ideally I'd like to move to an ethical firm, maybe someone that offsets their carbon emissions by planting trees or using solar/wind power. I know there are hosting companies out there, but I'm after reseller companies. Other than that, if there are no 'ethical' ones, can anybody recommend a good reseller?

I run a lot of Concrete5 and Wordpress sites, C5 lags a lot on the FH servers! Would like to avoid this.

Cheers all

Hey Jonna, I currently resell for VidaHost and can't fault them. They have both UK and US based reseller packages, a great service and great support. It's a bit more than their US counterparts, but you really get what you pay for.

I have been through about 5 web hosts, and they have all proven to be frustrating to the point of desperation at one point or another, I can't say the same with VidaHost and it looks like I'm FINALLY going to be able to simply rely on one hosting company without worrying about anything.

Check out this link for their reseller packages: http://my.vidahost.com/aff.php?aff=1753

If you do sign up with them, use this code to get 10% off any hosting order: 67GH4KK

Even better, they are so confident about their service that if you currently have hosting with another company, they will charge you nothing for the package you choose (for a maximum of 6 months) if you can provide proof of the hosting contract you have with the other company. This is one of the reasons I chose to go with them and I have certainly not regretted that decision!

I use a Reseller account from Namecheap - they have centers in both the UK and US, similar to VidaHost as mentioned above by Sean.

Never had a problem with them, always fast and reliable.

Hi Jonna, have you raised the question to Fasthosts as to why the Concrete5 sites lag on their servers, is the site demanding more resources than their shared platform can handle or is this hosted on your own server that you rent with them? Finding out the solution to this issue may be a good step and will also mean that this is not carried across to other hosting providers (should the issue continue).

I also find it very interesting that you are interested in green hosting solutions... :)

I look forward to reading the other replies that this thread will demand.

Back