Estimating Software?

gprovan

Hi All,

Just wondering what software you use for estimating and invoicing, whether online or not.
Our current one is ancient, rubbish, has too many unnecessary features and is very costly to upgrade. So we'd like to try something new.
We would like something that could be used online for remote working as well as offline. We don't need anything too complicated but something that could store all the estimates and keep a track of invoicing. Ideally easy to use.

What are the various options, costs and are there any free alternatives?

Ta

G :thumb:

I use one I inherited - Printsmith - probably too costly and complicated for most people! Couldn't you use something like ACT!? And there is a free CRM online - is it called Zoho? Might be worth looking at.

Thanks.

We currently use one called Tharstern which is from our olden days as a large print company. Again, too complicated and costly.
I'll check these out. :icon_smile:

We started using FreeAgent and love it. I get staff to use the timesheet facility and can now actually see how much (little) profit we make on a project. Can convert quotes to estimates and a bunch of other stuff - It's certainly allowed us to step up a gear in terms of managing finances.

Thanks.

We currently use one called Tharstern which is from our olden days as a large print company. Again, too complicated and costly.
I'll check these out. :icon_smile:

I've used Tharstern also - very complicated and not at all suitable for digital work I found. Hugely expensive!

We started using FreeAgent and love it. I get staff to use the timesheet facility and can now actually see how much (little) profit we make on a project. Can convert quotes to estimates and a bunch of other stuff - It's certainly allowed us to step up a gear in terms of managing finances.

I use FreeAgent as well and think it's great. If you spend a little time you can customise it so that you have drop downs for stuff that you are constantly quoting/estimating for. Each item can also be customised at the initial stage of estimate/quote, for example price and description can be tweaked. Quite handy that. I got this a few months ago and haven't looked back.

Back