Entry Level DSLR

I got a 350d from Jessop's outlet a few years ago, so glad I did. I'm an absolutely crap photographer, but its so fun to play with and I guess I can only get better.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase :)

how much u pay for it tim? i got the nikon d60 for £379.99

£399 i believe.
£14.99 on SD card
£14.99 on case/holder thing
£89 on 3 year warranty.

playing around with aperture in the dark is just plain awesome :D

I got a 5 year warranty from amazon £46.99 bargain i say, my camera is due to come 2moro can't wait to play with it!

Nice buy dude

thanks.

played with the d60, just didnt sit right with me.

I got a 5 year warranty from amazon £46.99 bargain i say

i played with the idea of a 5 year warranty but realiseed ill have upscaled by then. hopefully.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
I like the 'winter road' one, very nice...actually makes me excited for the winter!!

It came at 8am this morn but I had to go to work so just left it in the box, can't wait till 4.30pm i'll be right out the door!

allyally2k said:
It came at 8am this morn but I had to go to work so just left it in the box, can't wait till 4.30pm i'll be right out the door!

couldn't have done that, would have at least grabbed the manual or something! :D

Exciting stuff!

Thanks! I'm just starting out really so not got a massive selection. i don't know whether to take my SLR to Cuba next week. Worried it might get broken or stolen etc. mmmmm

Yeah i love the snow too - loved that day as well. Completely snowed in in the middle of the woods...lovely!

Ooo you must have the camera by now, hope its nice weather where you are and you can get outside and start taking some cool pics!

printedeasy said:
Thanks! I'm just starting out really so not got a massive selection. i don't know whether to take my SLR to Cuba next week. Worried it might get broken or stolen etc. mmmmm

Find out if you can get it covered in your holiday insurance, it won't be much and worth paying if it means you can take your camera at ease. I've always wanted to go, with all the cars and buildings. A wealth of inspiration to be soaked up :D

Just had a quick check and it's only £15ish for personal effects. If you've got insurance it might be covered already.

oo yeah i'll check my policy tonight. It's more the waiting around to get it fixed if it does get broken.

The lens got broken a couple of months ago and Jessops didn't get it back to me for 3 whole months.

It was a depressing time

I managed to get an Olympus E-410 with two lense for £99 in the PCWorld clearance last Boxing Day.

It seems pretty good for a basic starter camera. I plan to build on the lenses and then move up to a better body.

nopee... it didnt sit right with me. felt a little too heavy on z left.

i got the canon eos 1000d.

brilliant though guys, i know feel like i've bought the wrong thing!

Oh yes, i just read back to the first page.

I've never seen the canon eos 1000d, so can't really comment. I'll google it!

Back