Entry Level DSLR

Well i was gunna get the 1000d it's got good reviews so I wouldn't worry! top camera on which.co.uk I just prefered the d60 for some reason

Oh good so far, i'll post some photos up later of my first 24 hours lol..although it hasn't exactly been that exciting!

yeah i hate it that whenever i'm in the mood to take pictures, there never seems to be anything interesting around to take picutres of!

And some of the best times i manage to forget the camera altogether :mad:

allyally2k said:
Oh good so far, i'll post some photos up later of my first 24 hours lol..although it hasn't exactly been that exciting!

Wow, only had it a few hours and you've already done a 'day in the life' project! :D

Just a few so far...think all on auto and only small files but it's a start...will have to learn how to use the other controls and what not!
:dfshirt:

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1small.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1small.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Durham_Boats_2small.jpg
    Durham_Boats_2small.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Durham_Boats_1small.jpg
    Durham_Boats_1small.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Durham_Streetsmall.jpg
    Durham_Streetsmall.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Durham_Bridgesmall.jpg
    Durham_Bridgesmall.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
tim said:
go ahead....

I find the 1000d "too" entry level, I think there are probably better bridge cameras out there that can give you a DSLR experience for a fraction of the price.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great introduction to the world of EOS and what they are, but I have always found that the best starting block is the 400d (second hand prices are pretty dam amazing), bit more but will last a lot longer.

The Lumix range is amazing, some of their bridge (and even the point and click) is amazing...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Digital Camera - Black 28mm: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

it has aperture setting, auto and manual focus, exposure control...has an AMAZING exposure plate, got camera of the year in Computer Arts alongside the EOS 1D!!! And that is saying something comparing a camera you can get under £200 to something you will struggle to find around £1000!

The 1000d is alright, I just don't think it has a great life span.

Imho I feel the Nikon d70 is the best camera for amatures. You could pick up a decent one for around £200. So easy to use and gives such great results, even on auto settings.

Back