• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

English's Millionth Word: Web 2.0

Kevin

English gets millionth word on Wednesday, site says - CNN.com

English contains more words than any other language on the planet and added its millionth word early Wednesday, according to the Global Language Monitor, a Web site that uses a math formula to estimate how often words are created.

The site estimates the millionth English word, "Web 2.0" was added to the language Wednesday at 5:22 a.m. ET. The term refers to the second, more social generation of the Internet.

berry

One Million and One word:

Punang!- It's a Client relationship word - means 'Oh fuck, Jeez, tell me.... not again!'

One Million and Two word:

Gaboo! - used in creative terms it means "Ooh that's really nice, I like it, can I now have it bigger, in a differerent colour, in a slightly different shape, and on a black background, apart from that it's amazing!

mrp2049

Berry said:
Gaboo! - used in creative terms it means "Ooh that's really nice, I like it, can I now have it bigger, in a differerent colour, in a slightly different shape, and on a black background, apart from that it's amazing!
I'm down with this!

C

chrismitchell

can we add to the description of Gaboo? To include "can we have it more like this example I made in Microsoft Word / Powerpoint?" :eek:

mrp2049

chrismitchell said:
can we add to the description of Gaboo? To include "can we have it more like this example I made in Microsoft Word / Powerpoint?" :eek:
Perhaps this could be the opportunity to introduce Gurrmm?