Email Sig Picture

Chris Lord

Hi All,

Have been fiddling with an email signature that contains an image (designed contact details and logo). I'm doing it through Outlook Express. I've played with file sizes and quality and have managed to get the image I want to be where I want it, but it renders at a really poor quality when uploaded to email and then sent to recipient.

Does anyone have any advice on how to create one, I'm thinking about hosting the (small) image on our server and then linking that at the bottom of the email. Is this a good idea/ viable etc.?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,
Keep the email signature in plain text, with a hyperlink to a website or something.
Wouldn't go down the route of using images, unless you really have to.

It is for my company.

I know why people would put you off of the idea but I have seen it used effectively before. Even just getting your logo in the sig, I've tried that but it rendered almost pixelated and a little 'dirty'.

Chris,
In the email sig have you specified the width and height of the image in the html code for the signature?
If the width and height are not correct this would explain the pixilation and "dirty" appearance.

ps. Im assuming the image is crisp/sharp when native?

I haven't no. I created the native file, which was crisp, at a size I thought would appear on screen ie. 100px x 50px

I know nothing about writing code for it though!!

Back