Email problem - Need help

HippySunshine

Ok so ive been using Outlook on my PC for my email and yesterday my PC just completley stopped working and I was unable to open ANY programs on my login.

So I created a new user (using XP windows by the way) and that user is working fine.
BUT i've installed outlook on that new user and I dont have any of my old emails, Ive checked in Webmail and I dont have them there either.

I could really do with them and wondering if there is anyway to get them back?
I really hope so :(

Desperate here...

xp - can't remember the location off the top of my head so we'll try another approach :)

Assuming you haven't deleted the old user.
Do a whole system search for *.pst files. One of the files (it will be quite large) should be the old emails and contacts.

Back it up somewhere safe and then add it to the outlook via file import pst iirc - I normally just copy it into the folder but I can't remember it's location :(

If using outlook 2003 there's also a link in the accounts settings.

I backed mine up regularly but it was getting tedious so I changed over to IMAP which stores in and out emails.

Oh my god i think i love you.
Thank you soooooooooo much. I have been trying to suss this all morning.
It worked like a charm.

Im now very very happy :)

Levi dude, how many people do you have following you around giving you all their love. I mean I confessed mine the other week and all. Dude you are one great guy you know that yeah. :love: :D

HippySunshine said:
Oh my god i think i love you.
Thank you soooooooooo much. I have been trying to suss this all morning.
It worked like a charm.

Im now very very happy :)

Works like a dream....yer sounds like it....;)

Glad it's sorted.

well you know what can I say, some of us just have a knack for these things :p

re-read, I think typo misinterpreted my interpretation of his post as a sexual innuendo.

Back