Elon Musk just closed his facebook accounts #DELETEFACEBOOK

nayan

His company profiles: Tesla, Spacex and connected companies vanished from Facebook​
mark-zuckerberg-sad1.jpg:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

When Brian Acton, tweeted regarding deleting Facebook account due to the massive data breach. One user asked Elon Musk delete Space X and Tesla verified pages & within 4 hours this is trending on the Facebook. I don't know if this is going to affect their marketing strategy or not but it's good to see that Elon Musk is really a man of his word.
main-qimg-81635ab4879528c21dc146b6be91fc03.png
What you guys think?

Levi

Staff member
He hasn't actually deleted them from waht I've read, they were just hidden.

Having said that, no matter what you think of Elon Musk, he isn't exactly stupid and he knows doing this will get him no end of free publicity... which it is.

As to facebook... I hardly if ever use it and I NEVER have anything on there that I wouldn't be ok with telling a random stranger, I've long been of the view that I like to keep my 'personal information' private and I am not as naive as a lot of the youngsters that are willing to share EVERYTHING on there and other similar social media sites.

fisicx

...and I am not as naive as a lot of the youngsters that are willing to share EVERYTHING on there and other similar social media sites.
Except of course that many youngsters no longer use facebook, they are moving away to other platforms. Instagram is become far more popular for sharing images and stories.

nayan

He hasn't actually deleted them from waht I've read, they were just hidden.

Having said that, no matter what you think of Elon Musk, he isn't exactly stupid and he knows doing this will get him no end of free publicity... which it is.

As to facebook... I hardly if ever use it and I NEVER have anything on there that I wouldn't be ok with telling a random stranger, I've long been of the view that I like to keep my 'personal information' private and I am not as naive as a lot of the youngsters that are willing to share EVERYTHING on there and other similar social media sites.
I Agree with your free publicity thing and i know that he has been doing these kind of things in twitter since so long,like answering common people
and suprising them etc.Which got him a lot of free publicity
But,I doubt that his facebook pages have been done hidden cause its his words and he will have to face lot of criticism if he does like so
And one more reason is that according to his past interviews he doesnt like mark as well as facebook much and its a good time to show a thumbs down(n) to both of them
;);););)

nayan

Except of course that many youngsters no longer use facebook, they are moving away to other platforms. Instagram is become far more popular for sharing images and stories.
yeah the other platforms are leaving it behind
One of the major reasons is facebook having a lot of fake profiles that makes it more of a spammers platform then a social platform

Levi

Staff member
Are you not aware that instagram is OWNED by facebook, and has been since 2012.... and it's gradually getting more and more 'integration' with facebook and it's analytics.

nayan

Are you not aware that instagram is OWNED by facebook, and has been since 2012.... and it's gradually getting more and more 'integration' with facebook and it's analytics.
ofcourse ,Everyone knows about the fact that it is all owned by one person
But here i think he is talking about people leaving fb cause of the spammers increasing in there and its been leaved by a lot of people

fisicx

Yes, but Facebook has been told it can no longer share data. Might not be the sort of thing graphic designers are interested in but there is a whole load of stuff happening about personal data.

Levi

Staff member
Yes, but Facebook has been told it can no longer share data. Might not be the sort of thing graphic designers are interested in but there is a whole load of stuff happening about personal data.
By who? Facebook/Instagram even says they share the data in their t&c's.

Plenty of governments are now looking into the situation, and I'm sure the EU is looking at how they can get a nice chunk of cash from facebook, due to the recent breach of 'trust' and potential rigging of elections but there's no laws currently in place to stop it as far as I'm aware.

scotty

Staff member
I still quite like Facebook.

It allows me to keep in contact with friends and loved ones and troll the shit out of them. ;)

hankscorpio

Staff member
Not really sure why anyone cares if you have a facebook/social media account... who cares?

Makes no difference if you have one or not... meh...