Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Ello good people

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by ThreeFallingDucks, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Not my first post, which is bad form, but thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a career changer - I did the BTEC GD and then decided to follow the other dream of joining the Army. A couple of years in I was injured, and eventually discharged. Since then I have been working the ex-forces charity space (following a stint in marketing), in various roles - career advisory, website content manager, project manager, a little on the branding side, and the go-to guy for anything designey. I'd love to work in a creative environment, and so have decided (with the help of my spectacularly understanding girlfriend) that I will take the plunge of a catastrophic salary cut to get into design as a profession. You may have seen from my other post that the plan is to study with the IDI (unfortunately no replies to that one, but should anyone have any advice... IDI), as whilst I have some technical ability, my theory is lacking badly. I will be starting that in October, getting a more flexible job to allow as much study time as possible, and living off beans. It's not the ideal, but the only option I can see.

Anyway, I've been checking out the forums for some time, so thought it about time to say thanks and 'ello:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Ello and welcome to the GDF.

3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.
  4. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Hi - and welcome

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I didn't introduce myself when I first joined, just got stuck in. 744 posts later .. Hi, my name is Ross. I'm a freelance designer from Blackpool!

Oh and welcome to the forum!