Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eform help

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by clarke creative, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Afternoon all,

I have created a simple form via indesign, with a submission button at the end. I am attempting to have the words ' SUBMIT ' above the button.

All is there until i export to interactive PDF when the text above the submission button disappears?

If anyone can point out where i am going wrong this will be truly appreciated.

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Can you post some screenshots of what's happening?

How did you create the submit button and the text?

3. Sure Hank,

Attached is a screen shot from form indesign then the exported PDF - minus the text ' SUBMIT '

The way in which i am doing this is dragging a sample button across from the bookmarks and button tab, positioning and placing text on top - is this right? Screen shot 1.JPG Screen shot 2.JPG

The words do appear for a second when opening the PDF, it almost as if the button is now on top of the text?

4. hankscorpio

Try moving the Submit to a layer above the button itself.

5. That was my initial thought - still no joy

6. hankscorpio

You wouldn't perchance have made the white text set to overprint?

Check the Window>Attributes and make sure that overprint is not ticked for the text.

7. window > out put > attributes

Over print is not ticked cannot even tick this, still no joy?

8. hankscorpio

Select the text with the text tool.

If you like - you can post a link to the InDesign file (include a IDML) and I will take a look.

clarke creative likes this.
  9. Hank,

thanks for the advice on this matter - sorted it with a slight amendment to original design and creation of a bespoke button!