Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eeek! Fao : Scott -

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Sunburn, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Fasthosts to offshore support staff ? The Register

Fasthosts to offshore support staff
    Romanian call centre to offer 'improved experience'

Posted in Telecoms, 19th February 2009 15:26 GMT
    Free whitepaper – 10 ways to reduce your email costs
    Budget web hosting provider Fasthosts will soon make almost all of its UK customer service team redundant, to be replaced by call centres in Romania and the Phillipines, staff were told on Wednesday.

Up to 38 posts are set to go at Fasthosts' Gloucester HQ as a result. In a statement to The Register today, the firm said the "regrettable" job losses "will further improve customer experience" and enable it "to better serve its hundreds of thousands of customers".

Bet your happy Scott;? moving to pastures new before this hits home!
  2. Scott

Scott Member

I used to work in frontline and secondline - the two departments affected by this move.

There have been lots of promises that jobs losses are only kept to those departments - but we all know how quickly things can change.

I don't know anything other than what was in the press release - but even if I did, I don't think it would be wise for me to discuss anything in particular.

But yeah, I'm glad I'm leaving of my own free will, opposed to fighting for my job.
  3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Too right Scott,

I feel sorry for all the staff who are loosing their jobs! personally think its disgusting considering the current financial climate and how off-shore work is perceived and regarded by the public at large.! not the best time for any company's management to see hey we can pay our staff less if we fire and hire in a new country!