Editing Infographics

ehd

Is it possible to create an infographic in illustrator that can be edited by a client for example in excel?

Hi, :)

that is an interesting one. I guess it depends on what kind of infographic it is (animated, static, etc.). If it is animated, I would say no, since the client would need the right software to open it up.

Most infographics are a flat image and can not be edited. If saved as a PDF, the client could edit it in Adobe Acrobat /or other PDF editing Software (make sure you open the file and save it in Adobe Acrobat Pro ( Save as - Reader Extended PDF - Enable additional Feature). This makes sure they can edit it in the Reader Version).

Another option would be an online editing tool, here the client has an account wit XYZ, the Infographic is completely stripped and red boxes added, where any test is meant to go. The downside is, it has to be repopulated :(

I hope this helps a little :)

If the client wants to be able to edit a design they will either need access to a program that can open the file, or you will need to create the design in a program the client has access to. I'm often been forced to convert designs to Powerpoint because a client would like to be able to edit text themselves. I find it adds hours to the design time and severely limits what you can do. Often it's more cost effective to just pay a designer to create something properly from the start and cough up when you need revisions.

Thanks so much for your help guys!

The client would like to be able to edit the graph within the infographic to suite their needs when they need it. I just can't see how I can do that while giving them something really unique. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like I would need to create my design in powerpoint in order for them to be able to do that?

Back