Editable pdfs?? Help please!

bamme

Hi guys

Ive just finished designing an invoice slip using a combo of indesign and illustrator (illy for logo) and then exporting to pdf

My client has just sprung on me that she wants area within this invoice slip that she can type in or fill out so to speak

I have no idea how to make this editable..

Please help!

Thanks
Emma

No i dont, not on this pc.. but i could download a trial i guess, if this would be the way to do it?

Emma

I would follow the tutorial Becky put up :) much more useful :) good one Becky :D

I'm a mine of random links. Both are pretty good. Depending on which way you want to do it and what software you have available.

A trial version of Acrobat Pro should be sufficient to create said PDFs

Wow thanks a lot becky

This forum seems like everyone is really local! Im in hampshire too..

Sorry, just an observation, thanks for the help and will see what i can get outta the tutorial!

Emma

you can preserve edititability in the saving options, just flatten everything apart from the section she wants to modify perhaps?

mrp2049 said:
you can preserve edititability in the saving options, just flatten everything apart from the section she wants to modify perhaps?

That sounds liek a logical way to do it i just have no idea how to do this..

Thanks for the suggestion, can you give me an insight on how?

Emma

emmaburge said:
That sounds liek a logical way to do it i just have no idea how to do this..

Thanks for the suggestion, can you give me an insight on how?

Emma

what programmes do you have? also what programmes will the person receiving it have?

if you have photoshop this will be super easy

i just downloaded the adobe acrobat trial, i have the rest of cs4 - but photoshop? I didnt think you could do that sorta stuff with photoshop - the original invoice slip file is indesign, interesting! How would i do it easy on photoshop??

Im assuming my client has only basic programs but she does have adobe reader

Emma

Last time I had to make an editable pdf (I have full acrobat) it shunted me into livecycle designer which was better suited to the task.

emmaburge said:
i just downloaded the adobe acrobat trial, i have the rest of cs4 - but photoshop? I didnt think you could do that sorta stuff with photoshop - the original invoice slip file is indesign, interesting! How would i do it easy on photoshop??

Im assuming my client has only basic programs but she does have adobe reader

Emma

hmmm, let me think on this. I hate word, but there may be a way around in there somewhere.

i think i did it - i opened the pdf i created from an existing pdf with the form wizard on Adobe Reader and filled it out - as long as it can then be printed im fine.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could just check the pdf in the link I provided above and see if it works okay!

Thanks

(ps.. How can i mark a question resolved or credit those who helped me??)

Emma

Hi Emma we usually just close a thread if you would like me to I can do that for you? :) I'm glad that we could help you with your question :)

Hi - thanks and yes I will like it to be closed but first would anyone be able to clarify that my files are now okay to be printed?

I can either send them in an email or reupload - i' djust be really grateful of this, as I have not got a printer hence no way of checking

Thanks
Emma

Back