eCommerce website

Deren Raman

Hey guys

I need some help. I have experience in setting up standard information based websites with no problem. However, I want to design and setup a eCommerce website for a fashion company.

I understand what is required ie the the paypal payment gateway and adding to cart facility.
My question is what is the process again is it:

1. Set up html/css build of website. ( Would that be in html or php?)
2. Would you then install the additional ecommerce facilities? ( on to the servers provided buy you hosting company?)

Basically how does is all Gel all together?

Thank you in advanced

Deren

Thanks corrosive that website looks like the full package.

Does it have a feature where my client could access the back end of the website update product without changing the design of the webpage?

Does it have a feature where my client could access the back end of the website update product without changing the design of the webpage?

Yes of course. You set up the design and they manage their store through the admin area. They don't need to touch your template files.

Magento

I ended up going the magento route. I started out using cubecart but it didn't seem have the same level of user support as Magento.

Before you start designing the site how you want it to look the best thing to do is find the shopping cart software you want to used to build the site on, some have more design restrictions than others and once you have the site perfect and looking how you want it's hard to change it haha!

So find the software, get used to it, let your client see it to see if it is ok for them then design your site based on what you can do!

:]

I have to agree with you here.

I have recently started a creating an online store for the print company I work for using Prestashop. I start using Magento but as soon as I installed Prestashop I fell in love!

Cool, are you using the new 1.4 release? If so, how are you getting on with it? I still wonder if it is a bit buggy. I make it my duty not to become an 'early adopter' with these things, especially for client/production sites.

Yes I am using the latest version 1.4

It seems to be working well and I have not noticed any bugs or problems.

The only thing I have noticed is the slow loading times of the pages. I am not testing this on a web server but on my WAMP setup.

I plan to start on the design tomorrow as I just wanted to test some of the features and products.

Back