eCards

Will

Hi,

I've just had an inquiry from a potential client who wants to have eCards on their website (its in Wordpress btw). They have described what they want as;

e-cards are akin to postcards.. Visitors can click a thumbnail view postcard add personal message and email direct from your website.. The most important thing is the form and to have visitors effortlessly help spread the word...

Has anyone had any experience with this at all? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Will

I've made a flex application once doing that sort of thing, it was for Xmas eCards.. I'll see if i can find out how to do it in Wordpress effectively :)

Hi Will,

No experience in this area myself, but I would be looking for an existing PHP(?) script (preferably open source) and then worry about plugging it into the Wordpress page after, using a custom template and calling in the header, sidebar, footer elements, etc.

A quick search brought this one up; Sendcard : a Free PHP script for an ecard system
& there seems to be a few other options around; Google

HTH
Greg

EDIT: Forget all that! Looks like Chris has come up with the goods on this one :)

Actually that Sendcard PHP script is very good too.. works on the same premise as what I made in Flex :)

Thanks for the links guys, especially the actual Wordpress plugin.

Unfortunately this project isn't going ahead now - the client has suddenly backed out expressing concerns about Wordpress being the right choice for the project, Real pain, but I couldn't persuade them to trust me on this one. :(

I'm sure this eCard plugin will come in handy what with Xmas around the corner so thanks for the link! :)

That sucks that the project was canned Will :(

Well at least you have the eCard thing for Xmas :lol:

Aww cheers Chris. :)
I would love you to tell me other half's ex-lecturer that.

She was told if anyone included a reference to Wikipedia in their work it would be classed as an automatic fail regardless of the quality of the work. But yeah it's my friend at least, well from time to time anyway. :D

Back