Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by charles, Oct 15, 2009.

1. charles

charles Senior Member

I have to say that ebay is one of the worst sites that I have used. it really annoys me how many clicks I have to do to get around.

I was wondering maybe they do it on purpose so they can expose you to as much advertising as possible...?

Oh and the fees as well :(

Any one else hate ebay?
  2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I love ebay, regularly use it, rarely have issues with it.

The user experience isn't great, but it avoids losing anything really, I know how to navigate to everything even if it takes alot of time.
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I refuse to use ebay, often as not they're not the cheapest anyways
  4. charles

charles Senior Member

i do use it, i've bought 20 items in the last once you pop you cant stop. i usually do that every payday though.

i sold my upgrade toshiba tg01 last week and am selling an iphone at the moment.

get stung by the fees and paypal fees.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

you're selling an iphone?

how much?
  6. charles

charles Senior Member

It's a mutant iphone I've built from spares and new parts from ebay. I'm selling it as faulty although it works.

hopefully will get £150 for it even as faulty as I sold my old 8gig 3g for £230 a few months back and they still seem to be going strong.
  7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

You'll be lucky to get £150 Charles.

But good luck anyways...try Tim.
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

main reason i dont go on there anymore! the "ill just stick a bid in..ill probably get outbidded..." logic costs me too much money!
  9. charles

charles Senior Member

nah... they regularly sell for £140 - £190 for faulty iphones as long as they're not network barred actually!
  10. Got all my furniture for my new place (apart from our new bed) from eBay.. paid a grand total of about £200 for 2 sofas, 2 coffee tables (one being used as a TV stand), a nest of side tables, a welsh dresser, an 8 seater dining table, 2 mountain bikes and 2 book cases :lol: so to me its a great place for bargains :D
  11. charles

charles Senior Member

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

there are loads of things that people just want some money for, and can often do better than a clearance company putting it for pick up only.

if you are prepared to go and get it, there are some awesome deals!
  13. yeah we went and picked all that stuff up when we have the Transit Van for our move :)
  14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm looking at a bass amp in london, its old and massive! proper classic 60's valve amp (berry, its a selmer terble and bass 100), I hope it says as low as it is right now!
  15. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I just got an aerial off amazon (I know it's not ebay) but still, 4 foot aerial thats picking up alot of digital channels has made me very happy :D