East Seaton Farm

pjohnstone

Hi All,

Just completed work on this website for a client up in Arbroath.

http://www.eastseatonfarm.co.uk

I went for an 'earthy' feel to the site, while also keeping it very simple as the aim of the site is to bring forgien workers over to Scotland to work on the farm.

Any thoughts are welcome.

I was going to look into translation software. Any ideas on where to go for this?

Cheers

Johnstone

first thing that stands out to me is that the site doesn't work well on my 20" widescreen display, the bottom image isn't wide enough and leaves a white space on the side even though the top bar doesn't.

I'd also like to see the menu names lower in the brown bar.

Note I was viewing in firefox :)

Some of the line breaks in the fruit panel, home page bottom right are all over the shop in Firefox.

Things that i think are missing - FRUIT! That's what the farm grows, I simply don't see any!
that's like a shop not showing it's product. I would address that balance, The name descriptor at the top," a soft fruit farm in arbroath in the west of scotland" that's a mouthful and a half. 'the arbroth soft fruit farm' is sufficient. Map - Google multimap would be easier.
Also would prefer to know and use the 2 owners as a hero point to the site. The farm has 2 unique selling tools. 1, the owners, 2. the fruit. If you don't work them harder then it's just another website for another farm ( in Arbroath, on the west coast of Scotland, which north of Edinburgh, where they have the Fringe Festival and the Tattoo each year.

Half way there, just need to align the selling message better.

Yeah I just checked it on a bigger screen. I have forgotten to add an x repeat on the body image. Now fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Berry said:
Some of the line breaks in the fruit panel, home page bottom right are all over the shop in Firefox.

Things that i think are missing - FRUIT! That's what the farm grows, I simply don't see any!
that's like a shop not showing it's product. I would address that balance, The name descriptor at the top," a soft fruit farm in arbroath in the west of scotland" that's a mouthful and a half. 'the arbroth soft fruit farm' is sufficient. Map - Google multimap would be easier.
Also would prefer to know and use the 2 owners as a hero point to the site. The farm has 2 unique selling tools. 1, the owners, 2. the fruit. If you don't work them harder then it's just another website for another farm ( in Arbroath, on the west coast of Scotland, which north of Edinburgh, where they have the Fringe Festival and the Tattoo each year.

Half way there, just need to align the selling message better.

Cheers for the feedback.

Line breaks fixed - I never even noticed that!

With regards to fruit. The problem we have is that the farm owners wanted to focus more on the farm location and working there. Not the actual product. They have a company called Angus Soft Fruits and Good Natured Fruit which is much more based around the fruit side of the business.

I take your point about the owners and will mention it to them. They are very successful in what they do so some kind of biog might work.

Google map might be a shout too.

Cheers again!

Back