Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Earth Hour

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Mar 28, 2009.

1. So has everyone got their power off? :) Ahh the joys of a laptop and a iphone to connect to the web :D:clap:
  2. so did everyone / anyone do this last night at 8.30pm? :)
  3. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

No, I forgot.. But I did go to bed an hour earlier..
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

i didn't do either. i got a text at what i thought was 1.01am - and was so annoyed that it was an hour later, i stayed up all night in protest.

earth hour... i didn't even know it existed until 10pm Channel4 news
  5. dvduval

dvduval Junior Member

We mostly had everything off last night, but we weren't home at that time.
  6. electricalyce

electricalyce Member

Turned if off! Nice concept, even though it doesnt really HELP with the one hour, it raises awareness, and it's probably the ONE thing that has people ALL over the world co-operate on one thing, together, no matter who you are.
  7. yes I was unimpressed by the fact that Canary Wharf didn't turn out their lights.. :( but we did for 3 hours last night :) also turned off everything apart from the fridge / freezer and the radio :) our laptops batteries almost died too :)

earth hour wasn't really advertised well enough by any standards really, I wrote an email to the organisers offering my design help too :) to get more stuff done on the back end sort of thing :)

they did manage to turn off all the lights around the Giza Pyramids etc which was amazing :)