Early stages

clord

Hey, I was hoping for some opinions on an early stage of a logo design.

It is to represent myself, as a freelance designer.

Any thoughts would be good and type to come to it soon!

Be gentle ;)

ClordLogoSheet.jpg

I assume it's the letters CL, it could be interperated as the letter D tho.
Your 'logo' is unfinished as it is simple a graphic symbol and therefor not a logo design as it need the namestyle to be complete. Graphic and name work together to create a brand identity. We need that to give a valid opinion, otherwise it is just a shape that means nothing. That's quite gentle i think!

At first I liked the direction you were going, but now I can’t help thinking the 2nd row looks like someone about to take a golf swing.

The logo looks vaguely familiar... I wanna say Dreamweaver (it does look a bit like that too) but there's something else it reminds me of. Anyone else have that feeling?

Is it cl. or d.?
I must admit, I don't get it. Whats with the dot/dash? And... err... does it stand for clord? Is that your freelance design nickname?

Onartis said:
The logo looks vaguely familiar... I wanna say Dreamweaver (it does look a bit like that too) but there's something else it reminds me of. Anyone else have that feeling?

it is similar to the last macromedia dreamweaver logo...

dreamweaver-logo.jpg

but i do agree that there is no obvious way to interpret what letters you are trying to communicate, looks like a d. or a dramatic d, at an absolute push a c.

I would also agree text/font is incredibly important

Onartis said:

Yes I got a feeling of familiar with it, I thought of DW initially then also ColdFusion, I think that's because I see the leaning 'l' following the 'c' as a leaning lowercase 'd' as a few others have mentioned. I think it would be good to introduce the other type earlier rather than later as I know from previous experience with my own logo that introducing it at a later stage can be harder than anticipated!

Look forward to seeing how it develops :)
Greg

Back