Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Mail scam...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Goreki, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Goreki

Goreki Member

A few days ago I got an e-mail from a very charming and unfortunate woman called Helen Drakov that was offering to give me money. All I have to do is store $5 million in my bank so her uncle cannot get hold of the money before she can collect it.

It sounds like a typical scam does it not? So I emailed her back...

Helen Drakov will make me rich!
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Gonna keep an eye on this one hehe :D
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

does anyone else think the identity card is a photoshop just by looking at it?
  4. Goreki

Goreki Member

Definitely, it looks like a catwalk model to me. I've got no idea about that kind of thing but I'm trying to find out, so if anyone has any idea's let me know.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

You forgot to hide your email in the second and third post like you did in the first.
    And to me this looks more like an attempt at identity theft, rather than it being about any money.

And the ID card is a total fake. Here is a fake one, which is probably the closest you'll get to a real id card.
  6. Goreki

Goreki Member

I didn't forget, the sender sent it to multiple unknown recipients, and hid them in the first email. I'm not too fussed about this email address being known, and they approached me at this email address anyway.

I did a little research on the email address and person they claim to be and they're a known scammer. They work using something known as an Orphan/Murdered Businessman scam: There's some information here: 419 Scam – The "murdered businessman" scam
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

loving the freak sex accident quotes in there- and then the fake ass picture at the bottom.

you should totally get a photo of someone off google images who's weird looking, and do a very fake photoshop ID too :p
  8. Georgina Kent

Georgina Kent Member

Yeah she's a fashion model alright :p Awesome emails tho, will keep an eye on that :D
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Have you read Yes Man by Danny Wallace, he ended up in Holland because of an email like this!
  10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

The scammer needs, Needs, N.E.E.D.S! to discover the joy of full-stops, and commas!!