E-commerce

TomStutt

Hi all

I have just picked a new client (thanks for Gregs advice to call them and ask if they need a website) and they want an online shop.

I dont know about setting up e-commerce but am obviously wanting to learn about it.

Does anyone know who is the best e-commerce company to go with that doesnt cost alot and also is a simple e-commerce to set up.

There isnt going to be a lot of products as its for a sweet shop selling sweet hampers so I dont want anything complicated.

I was thinking wordpress with the shopp plugin (thanks to Ken for the heads up) but just wanted to know about any other options that may be available.

Cheers all, Tom

Hi Tom,

Good to hear you've picked up another new client off the back of that other thread :)

Openmind Commerce may be a good option for this project by the sounds of it, check out the link in the forum partners section (forum home sidebar). It's a UK focused e-commerce platform, easy to style and 'skin' with your own design using HTML/CSS and plenty of options and control for your client.

Good luck!
Greg

Spoke to Open Mind and they seem great. been playing with the demo and i like it. will need to play with it abit more. but i like that you can customise it.

and we get 20% discount from link on df home page. sweeeet.

prestashop is more web 2.0 then opencart in my opinion and better for product attributes for items like clothing - easier to use and looks better as there is more jquery mods. Or you could look into a reseller program.

Back