E-commerce Website - Action Sports Shop

CSparkes

Afternoon,

A friend is looking for an e-commerce site, has a clear plan etc... not worried how its coded just needs job done.

Its for an action sports shop simply selling online

Due to my contracts with current/previous clients i can not take the work on!

He is based in Plymouth and is taking it serious with costs etc... and knows rough cost ideas so if you are interested please contact me.

If you are a coder and would need to get the design done we have someone in mind.

But all interested parties please contact me.

Cheers

Craig

That's not a good site :) It looks like a template was used, and has been written in Macromedia Dreamweaver and Coldfusion :eek: They could do with a redesign.

I could code your complete site given the graphics (PNG's/PSD's of pages would suffice for slicing etc) but would need to nail a requirements specification with you/your friend first.

For example.. there are many questions such as

1. Which payment processor(s) are you going to use? Worldpay, Paypal, Protx etc
2. What requirements do your products have; categories, mutiple sizes, colours etc
3. Coupon/discount codes?
4. What other functionality do you need.. posting news/blog, similar products, last viewed etc
5. Stats tracking, most popular products to front etc
6. SEO/mod-rewritten URL's

etc etc

This would be written in PHP/mySQL. If you are interested and wanted to go over it with me/see some examples of previous work etc just mail me here: [email protected]

Darren

without trying to rob someone of some work, if you are going down paypal route, have you considered big cartel or storenvy?

Well first off Edge is one of my sites, so nice start, its not templated at all, was designed by graphic designer not off templates. So what if its done in coldfusion? Store does very well for what it is meant to do.

Besides that. i will send email so can see previous work etc..... and pass details on.

Mark - Am wanting them to be involved with a web designer etc.. so while i could set this up for them, I cant as of contracts etc... If ive got to turn work away would like to try and use someone off here.

Craig

CSparkes said:
Mark - Am wanting them to be involved with a web designer etc.. so while i could set this up for them, I cant as of contracts etc... If ive got to turn work away would like to try and use someone off here.

Craig

Mike....

CSparkes said:
Well first off Edge is one of my sites, so nice start, its not templated at all, was designed by graphic designer not off templates. So what if its done in coldfusion? Store does very well for what it is meant to do.

I knew that the Edge site was affiliated with you since you are featured on it but I am only being Honest. I never said that it was templated, I said that it looked like it was. You can tell from the code that its not an actual template, but like I said, regardless of how it works, the front end could do with a redesign. Not looked at the code so could not comment on that but if it works it works and thats all most people want. But if you have further ideas for your site and want to build on it/expand or want to change things.. coding it properly allow you much more flexibility and reduce maintanance costs. Would you rather I told you how lovely it was?

As for Coldfusion, using that is far too much for what you need and going a bit overboard.

Top 2 reasons NOT to use it from a client side perspective..

1. Cost (Hosting/Support costs etc)
2. Maintenance (Finding someone to work with it for a start)

Top 2 reasons NOT to use it from a programmers perspective...

1. Its not an Object Oriented language, in fact it not a programming language at all, its a set of tags with hidden code. Since it is not OO Encapsulation is out of the question which means it is less secure too.
2. Very Very inefficient for small sites, uses much more server resources

Unless you need your own server/cluster because your site is quite big and recieving 1000's of hits per day, it uses far to much resources and your support needs to come from Adobe themselves, that is why hosting costs so much too.

Back