E-Commerce Merchant Gateways

Xenonsoft

Can anyone recommend a good British one?

I'm still looking into e-commerce solutions and the merchant gateway foxycart recommend only deals with American customers so we're looking at something based over here.

Any helps appreciated, cheers.

Cheers Chris. £20 is quite expensive, although does that include the merchant gateway?

@ Freezy, what makes you think that? I'm intrigued honestly, as we've got to find an ecommerce solution and PayPal is very rigid and will make things a lot harder for the client. We are considering it definitely but it means he has to upload everything twice and it will bring the price up of the site as it will take us longer to configure.

If you can recommend anyone else who we could use for e-commerce I'm all ears.

I believe it includes a merchant gateway Fred :) but i would email them and ask just in case :D

Cheers lads.

Can I ask though Freezy, why you don't trust FoxyCart?

The solution seems to be one of the easiest to implement and one of the best for back-end integration aswell as being easily customisable to look good.

I know they're a new company (about 2 years I believe) but I think they're a good solution.

Xenonsoft said:
Cheers lads.

Can I ask though Freezy, why you don't trust FoxyCart?

The solution seems to be one of the easiest to implement and one of the best for back-end integration aswell as being easily customisable to look good.

I know they're a new company (about 2 years I believe) but I think they're a good solution.

even their website looks sub-standard. Clickcartpro looks more professional. You can give foxycart a go if you think it will do the job.

I'm just making sure it's not for reasons such as their service may be unreliable, could be easily hacked etc. etc.

For me it's the simplest option, the easiest option, probably cheapest in the long-run and a great end product for the user.

I've done a google search and there's been no horror stories so I'm inclined to continue with looking at FoxyCart and PayPal, but paypal has the downside of being harder to integrate and a lot harder to maintain.

I've bookmarked your recommendation, cheers.

you should charge nothing less than £1,500 as a freelancer and much more as a company(excluding third party charges i.e hosting........).

Back