E-Comm site job opp and no developer :S

iDesign

Hello all :)
Someone I used to work for needs an e-commerce site. It's not one of those "We can only pay you £5 to do this as we have no money" jobs. They do have money but not a lot as they are a charity. I'll be the first to say I'm not nearly as clued up when it comes to developing, but nevertheless they have asked me what route I think they should take.
I've been doing some design work for them and will shortly be tasked to put together a website (Wordpress template). I don't have any developer friends that I can say won't let me down or isn't cranky 24/7. And in all honesty as much as I really want the time to sit down and start trying to get some dev skills under my belt, my current knowledge is not enough to undertake this job alone. Websites I've worked on solo have only ever been Wordpress Themes involving fairly standard re-branding and some HTML, PHP and CSS. I don't want to turn down a possible opportunity to work on this however. I've worked on bigger e-comm sites before, but that is at work with my role as the designer working alongside the developer here.
Any ideas on finding a good developer to work with (and yes please put yourself forward if you want to) - or, any thoughts on things like Woocommerce Wordpress templates? Good idea? or stay clear?

Heya :)
I've sent you an email regarding this project.

Woocommerce is great :) Just use that from the off.

Also happy to jump in and help out with this if you want?

Back