E.A.S.Y website critique... Be Brutal :)

Rather amusingly for some other regular readers :))), I'm going to tell you not to use tables like that.

Don't use images for text either. Both are bad, bad, bad.

Scale down your logo image to the size you need it so the awful browser scaling algorithms don't make it look bad. Think about giving it a background instead of transparency too so you can reduce the filesize while having the edges remain nice and neat, and it'll work in older browsers.

Did you make the logo yourself? Is there any reason why the Y doesn't join the S? Looks weird.

Agree with Mark. Using images for text in websites is bad because the search engines won't have a single word to index on your website. They'll just end up with images & no one will know what your website is about.
Plus, if someone has to convert the site into some other language, they won't be able to do that because translator don't work on images. Sad, right?
And don't use tables. That's what I was told for my site & I'll listen to these guys. :D

BUT then, I am guessing that you haven't actually done the coding & you are just showing us the design. That's what I am hoping it is. You could have just attached thumbnails then.
I'd remove those pink to purple house gradient you got at the back. Seems right out of the 90s, heavy on dope.
And it's be Food, not Foods. Food is plural in itself. Like Software.
I'm not too sure about the logo. The "Y" is looking like a funnel at the moment. Maybe create some gap/space between S & Y?
And the pink. Could you make it more subtle? It's really bright & hurting at the moment. Try this colour : # FF7EBC

DesignMyBox said:
Agree with Mark. Using images for text in websites is bad because the search engines won't have a single word to index on your website.

only if you haven't used alt tags etc. Search engines make use of the alt tags nowadays too and you should have them for screen readers etc (where necessary)

Hi Guys,

Should've explained from the start... Going to obviously redo the site properly in CSS and DIV's, just did a quick mop up in dreamweaver for the client. The websites more of a web reference and the client isn't too bothered about having it ranking higher than competitors etc. The logo was designed by another designer.

I originally had the text instead of an image but it worked better in avantgard.

Thanks very much for all the feedback, will come in very handy and will go through to processing as final!

Thanks Guys,
Alex

Back