Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropbox

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Harry, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Harry

Harry Senior Member

2. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Your desperate to get up to that 8GB limit aren't you!

3. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Haha well I was gonna pay for the upgrade, but 10Gb would suit me down to the ground ;)

Although I could just say that I'm doing this for you lot, I'm sharing the love ;)

4. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Fair enough... I do wonder what I did without it! - makes life much easier

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

why would I need that when I have ms skydrive (25GB cloud storage - linked via gladinet) and ms mesh (5GB multi pc sync) already.

The only thing I can see that it would offer is large file storage but to be honest I've got my hosting for that and I have a nas if I want to store things online while I'm out too.

6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

You wouldn't, obviously.

7. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Fancy.

Does it have a nice iphone app though?

8. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I really should back up more often :D but as I don't... well nevermind

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

not as far as I know but considering I'm never likely to have an iPhone it doesn't really bother me. My own nas can be access from online via ftp server and though a web address (although that currently points to its web server) - iphones can do ftp I assume or is that a winmo (pre 7) symbian and android trick :p

10. Jeg

Jeg Member

Looks nice, will be sure to give it a try.
    Have some extra space Harry. =p

11. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Heh, cheers :D

12. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I pay for mine, 50gb space I love it very very handy if am using the pc and then move to the laptop, lovely little service it is!

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have been using mine, signed up to it ages ago, no bonus from me Harry, seeing this reminded me I had it.

It's been great for sharing larger groups of files with clients! The album artwork I am doing now has required (I say required, I just got snap happy) nearly a thousand photos. There is no way I could have got those to him easily without dropbox!

14. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I love it. Great if u have clients and need to share files with them