Drop shipping printing services?

PistolPete

I'm looking at the possibility of setting up an Etsy shop (or similar) in order to make some of my designs available as prints.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has any experience with any of the companies who offer to print on-demand & fulfil orders for these kind of small scale operations? How was the quality, turnaround time & pricing? Would you recommend them?

No experience as yet but it's been something I've been looking into in depth a lot recently as it's something I've been working on.

I guess it depends on what kind of products you want to produce and where you want them made and shipped from (UK or USA).

I take your point - I have a few things like this for the local area which I thought I could offer as A5 prints with a bit of refinement, but I can't imagine there'd be much demand for them internationally so probably UK based.

There's also a couple of bigger typographical things, which might have broader appeal, but I guess it's probably as well to start with one partner to test the waters & look at adding a US service if I find I'm selling stuff there.

index.php

Have you thought about buying a decent printer and doing your own, it will be cheaper in the long run?

Have you thought about buying a decent printer and doing your own, it will be cheaper in the long run?

I had considered it, but I feel it's probably worth testing the market before I splash out. I also like the idea of not having to do anything when an order comes in because it means if I'm committed to something else then people aren't hanging around waiting for me to get back from a music festival for their prints.

Back