Dreamweaver

charles

Hi

I have Dreamweaver at work and have used it a few times.

I noticed people say that most professional web designers don't use it.

Is this due to it being bad software or the price tag?

or some other reason?

thnx

It makes really messy code from my point of view.. I work in Notepad++ here at work and Smulton for Mac at home :) does the trick for me :)

Don't do WYSIWYG anymore.. find it too much of a pain :(

Dreamweaver itself isn't bad, but its design view is. If you're going to use Dreamweaver use code view only. However if you are going to do that you might as well use Notepad++ as it's free and awesome.

dreamweaver will code how it wants, but it will be messy and your webpages might look different in most browsers!

Harry said:
Dreamweaver itself isn't bad, but its design view is. If you're going to use Dreamweaver use code view only. However if you are going to do that you might as well use Notepad++ as it's free and awesome.

you're absolutely right! the design view is just silly.

Despite what is bad with dreamweaver it a fantastic product when your dealing with several levels deep nested tables.

I'm a dreamweaver user generally as I'm on a PC and it came in the package we bought.

Code only view is fine as Harry says, don't go near that WYSIWYG editor.

Yeah, Tim's right.

Basically you're saying a computer can code better than you can, which I guess is possible but you lose reasoning to understand the best solution, they don't.

Back