Dreamweaver CS4

pjohnstone

I regulary design email newsletters and use Dreamweaver for this task.

Due the nature of email newsletters they need to be designed using Tables. Using CS3 made this very easy as I could use layout tables etc to build the structure (code is not really an issue with these - as long as they display in an inbox well)

Now Dreamweaver has got rid of the layout table mode in CS4 - I am really annoyed about this. I mean who are adobe to judge what standards we should all achieve. Not everything in the web is standards based or CSS based.

Very poor show from Adobe.

You can use image/ready or fireworks to slice up the psd then save as images and html. That cuts out most of the work... just make sure you use one big slice where the text will be so you can delete it and use actual text so the email isn't all image. Then you can either make that td a solid colour or apply a style to it so it has a bg image behind the text.

... not had a chance to use cs4 yet....

Thats still a messy option in my opinion as I need to change more than text. With a layout table html file I can just go in and chop and change code.

When creating newsletters I always find making them really basic works the best and Dreamweaver is the way to do it.

is this to do with #them wanting to phase out tables - geez - cross platform at the mo is a fkn nightmare. (hey look - i did that in 140char.)

Back