Dotted Geometric Illustration Pattern

jjrob93

Hey guys!

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.01.27 PM.png

I am looking to make something similar to this but was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make it less time consuming. I realize I could probably do this by duplicating small dots in Ai over and over again but I am unsure if there is a better way to do it. I love how it goes from thick and dense to not dense dots. I am looking to do that same thing but as a triangle. Thanks!

Assuming using photoshop is ok.. maybe doing a gradient and then using a noise filter, flatten it then scale down so dots aren't not so 'square'.

Only other idea I can think of is maybe making your own brush then having it follow the shape. Quick google found this, which is basically what I'm thinking just with a different patter

I don't think anything is better than doing it but hand, but if you don't have the tools then you can get a
similar result in Photoshop using various spatter brushes.

Hand stippling on paper and scanning it will honestly give you the best effect in the least amount of time, in my opinion.

There are some brushes available in AI that give that effect.

There are some premium ones available from RetroSupply but there will probably be some free ones available if you do some searching.

Try searching "tattoo, stipple, shading, brush, Illustrator".

Back