Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you just love flight delays!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Currently sitting in Alicante airport awaiting a delayed EasyJet flight home.. current update is it's 7 hours late, lucky they have wi-fi!! Three & a half hours to go... :(

Did get a free sandwich, though, every cloud!
  2. blimey Greg thats not good... free sandvich though is a good thing.
  3. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Ouch man! Never had that long of a delay! You had a good trip?
  4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

What kind of sandwich?
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I'm ready for a sandwich.... you have a photo of the said sarnie?
  6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Essshhhh Gregasaurus rex taking dare you lol
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Was a good holiday thanks, just the flights that let it down, had some weird problem with synuses on flight out there, same as what I had diving, due to having a cold :( then return flight was supposed to be leaving at 10pm and actually left at 5am! But at least it wasn't cancelled! :)

Sandwich? Cheese & ham, not worthy of a photo I'm afraid! :D
  8. Mark Alexander

Mark Alexander Senior Member

You know they have a compensation scheme, you can get ~€250 as long as it's not exceptional circumstances and you're delayed for more than 3 hours. You should also get given food and telephone call vouchers, but I assume you found that out already. :)
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks Mark, have had a search around and not sure it's going to be all that easy with EasyJet from some forum threads and similar stories! Have you successfully claimed for delays yourself before? or just knew about the compensation scheme? Thanks!
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

This thread forced me to make a cheese and pickle sandwich.
  11. mmmmm cheese and pickle
  12. Mark Alexander

Mark Alexander Senior Member

Well they may try to mess you around at first, because while a ton of people will claim for compensation, not so many know their exact rights and entitlements and what to do if they airline won't pay out.

If you say that you'd like compensation and that you'll be escalating the issue to the AUC they should play ball. If they don't follow the rules they get hefty fines, especially compared to what the compensation would have been.

More info at
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Excellent, thanks for the info Mark, will give it a go & see how far I get! :)
  14. glenwheeler

Are you back home Gregasaurus?
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

I am indeed! Arrived back in at around 8.30am yesterday, was meant to be back at about 11.30pm Saturday night, had some further delays as needed to get a bus (+30 mins wait) to other terminal then wait for luggage (+20 mins wait)

Just catching up on a backlog of e-mails! :)
  16. glenwheeler

A day of admin work then mate! Good your finally back though! A nice break does everyone well. I just need mine still not had a holiday this year :(...Well I went to Silverstone GP for 4 days...However I was at the track by 6am every morning..haha! Cant wait for Xmas break!
  17. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah the actual holiday was really good, bit cold returning to the UK from 25-30 degrees sun though! :D

Getting up at 6am doesn't sound like a holiday lol, Christmas will be here before you know it!