Is this logo done?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Android15

I have created a logo for a friend who is opening a studio and gallery named Pillars. The brief was to include a Corinthian pillar and text, in black, with a Victorian feel. She specifically requested the flared caps on the I and the Ls in pillars (not a fan myself but she wants to keep them). She also loves the font. I have worked it to a stage where I hope it is close to done. But I would love some feedback on whether you think it it needs further tweaking to get it to final stage or if it is ok as is.

Attachments

• pillarslogo1_textFINAL_caps-2.jpg
    pillarslogo1_textFINAL_caps-2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31
I don't particularly like the Art Deco font, they all tend to be not very legible with too much contrast between the thicks and thins.

the kerning on the letters needs adjusting as from the p to the a the ill has different spacing.
the baseline of the p a s needs lowering slightly as pear to site high

could the pillar cap not site above the ill

Art Deco was around on the 1920's- 's so not really victorian.
Thanks, I realise the art deco font doesn't fit the Victorian part of the brief but we went through a lot of fonts to settle on this one, which the client loves.
the kerning on the letters needs adjusting as from the p to the a the ill has different spacing.
the baseline of the p a s needs lowering slightly as pear to site high

could the pillar cap not site above the ill
Thanks Simon.I really appreciate your advice. Could you clarify what you mean by 'pear to site high'. Client didn't like the pillar cap above the ill.

Thanks, I realise the art deco font doesn't fit the Victorian part of the brief but we went through a lot of fonts to settle on this one, which the client loves.

Thanks Simon.I really appreciate your advice. Could you clarify what you mean by 'pear to site high'. Client didn't like the pillar cap above the ill.

sorry, auto correct gone mad.

appears to sit to high on the baseline so anything with a curve should sit just below the baseline as it appears to sit higher optically

My first thought was why didn't you turn the Ls in "pillars" into pillars? I'd be looking to incorporate an idea into the typography rather than just aligning a mark with text.

My first thought was why didn't you turn the Ls in "pillars" into pillars? I'd be looking to incorporate an idea into the typography rather than just aligning a mark with text.

Yeah, that would give you a perfect visual excuse to keep that tapered flare on the 'l's and the top of the tittle.

QUOTE="Simon Rayson, post: 172001, member: 84071"]sorry, auto correct gone mad.

appears to sit to high on the baseline so anything with a curve should sit just below the baseline as it appears to sit higher optically[/QUOTE]
That makes sense. Thanks for your input.
T

Yeah, that would give you a perfect visual excuse to keep that tapered flare on the 'l's and the top of the tittle.
Yes, that was something I looked at but will probably revisit. Just a bit tricky with Corinthian columns cause they are so detailed. I appreciate all the feedback guys. I have also accepted that this font isn't the right one. Sometimes you have to murder your darlings! I am new to graphic design. I still have much to learn. I will take your advice on board and see if we can get this thing resolved.

Back