Does Anyone Use WP Engine For Hosting?

bsugar

Wondering if anyone can shed some light. Since coming going to WP Engine for web hosting which was weeks ago, I have had no emails which has really stressed me out. I liked their website security which is why came to them but they do not offer email support which I found out after I signed up with them.

Therefore I signed up with Hostgator to host my emails. Since then nothing came through except when I asked a few people to send me emails to test it. It worked on those occasions but nothing else comes through when I used to receive a fair amount of emails each week, also the forms on my website do not work. WPEngine advised that they do not allow mail to be sent over ports 25, 465, or 587. Any 3rd party provider that I use must support sending emails over an alternate port (port 2525 is recommended), or via an API

Then again in some info they hold on their site they recommend using SMPT plugins. They also recommend using Zoho email service or Google apps. I have installed a SMPT plugin, configured it and opened an account with Zoho who confirmed MX records are set correctly but still nothing works. Zoho are very slow in responding which is very stressful. One big massive headache. If anyone can help or knows who can. I would be grateful. Thanking you

I work for WP Engine. We don't provide email so our engineering / support staff can stay focused on WordPress. This means we're really good with WordPress, but you have to get email from another provider. A lot of our folks use Google's G Suit, but Hostgator's email hosting is good too.

As for the web forms not sending, if you use our Support chat, they should be able to help you resolve your issue. You can also check out Sendgrid, but that's not free. If you have a third party email provider and the SMTP settings for your forms are good, then there shouldn't be anything to prevent it from working. Again, our chat support folks should be able to help you resolve it.

Back