Does anyone use Market Samurai?

dave.rees

Hello everyone,

I was browsing through tools online to find the best suited keywords to use for SEO and someone recommended I use Market Samurai (in fact he insisted on it).

So I downloaded it at its apparent "bargain" price of $75 and I have to say i'm well impressed, and it basicly puts Google's keyword tool to shame.

You can view where your site ranks for specific keywords, find out competitors SEO stats, the list goes on!

Was just wondering if anyone else uses it and if not I highly recomend it (as logn as you get it half price)

Their website looks on par with a scam/cheap drug website and their video is very dated in terms of presentation, felt patronising and contains a lot of marketing puff. They utilise that frustratingly annoying "free bonus" advertisement where they basically offer you a service they should be providing anyway and claim that it's worth loads of money, BUT, you're getting it for free:

PLUS BONUS:
  • Lifetime Market Samurai Software Updatesgiving you access to our new and updated tools as they evolve (value: $295 per year)
  • Priority Email Supportcontact our helpdesk with any questions, and receive a personalised priority response (value: $695 per year)
$700 for email support? Yeah, sure.

That doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest and for that reason, along with the price tag, I'm out.

(I couldn't decide whether this was a spam bot or not)

I agree with you that the website looks like the typical "get 1,000,000" visitors to your site daily scam websites and personally I wouldn't have downloaded it by arriving at their site.

But as I said a friend of mine insisted on me getting it and swears by it, so he showed me what it could do and I thought worth a shot and it proves to be useful.

And no I am not clever enough to be a spam bot :) Just wanted to get other people's takes on it.

Your best bet is to wait for Jazajay to respond as he's got much better knowledge of SEO than myself, however, I'm not convinced that it's anything special. I've not heard of it or tried it though so I'm interested to see if it's something that people do actually use or not.

Someone who is charging that much moeny for their software could pay a decent or even half decent designer to deign it. Clearly no one is. At work we use IBP (Internet Business promotor) still a few hundred quid but it is actually a very good tool for tracking your results. I would check that out as thats a lot cheaper and used by a fair few people. :)

If its keyword suggestion you want use Google Adwords keyword suggesstion tool, far cheaper as its free or there is keyword research tools for SEO, PPC, link building and blogging | Wordtracker which isn't but is hugely used. :)

Have you heard of Piwik Web Analytics Jaz? I did a bit of searching for the best tools and they seemed to get a lot of good reviews. They also don't mass collect your data like Google do. I'm yet to use it but considering setting it up for one of my clients soon.

No worries man, I was wondering where you got to though :p Hope everything is going okay :)

Back