does anyone own a cintiq?

Dan_masoomi

i really badly want one i think to be able to use this as a free hand sketch tool would be amazing

im currently using light boxes scanners then redrawing it again on my mac

just takes up to much time and it doesnt look as good as i feel it could be

does anyone own a cintq? or know anything simlar that is affordable?

thanks

We have these at uni and while they're very cool, essentially they're just graphic tablets you use while looking in a different direction.

wow you have them at uni? where do you study there like 1700 each,

do you think there are other tech that you could use to get the same performance?

ie wacom bamboo or intuous?

wac said:
We have these at uni and while they're very cool, essentially they're just graphic tablets you use while looking in a different direction.

Nice uni to study at! And agreed, save your wallet and get a graphics tablet for now.

yeah thanks, im looking at an intuous4 for around 250 but i saw a bamboo at the apple shop yesterday and thats only 89

do you think the bamboo would have good enuough tech ability like pressure points and angle drawing like intuous 4?

I use a Bamboo and find it's good, does what I want it to do at a good price.
Although at this present moment I've put the pen down somewhere and can't find it!
I'll keep looking...doh!

I've used them all! Bambo, intuos (varying verisions), cintiq and other companies.

If you've never used a tablet properly, save yourself £1500 and buy anything else!

Bamboo's are great introduction, but you are obviously limited by stroke length.

Basically, get a cheap one, get used to it, buy a better one, sell the old one, love the new one more.

dannymaz_10 said:
wow you have them at uni? where do you study there like 1700 each,

Yeah it's the University of Worcester, they spent a bucket load on the creative facilities and then ran out when it came to hiring lecturers :)

They have about 8 or so in the animation room but anyone can wonder in and use them.

I know a few people who use the bamboos, I've only heard good things!

Personally I use an Aiptek 1400u as do at least two other members of this forum as I recall.

i have bough the aiptek 1400u and i cant seem to set it up is there two different versions? like one for mac and one for windows??

dannymaz_10 said:
i have bough the aiptek 1400u and i cant seem to set it up is there two different versions? like one for mac and one for windows??

Mine runs perfectly on my mac....straight out of the box too!

What programme are you using? Does it have a preassure sensitive nib? How hard do you press? It just making dots for me at the moment. Or straight line at a struggle if insane to make a curve line I have to twist the wheel
At the top tondo so is this how it works???

Back