• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does anyone have a spare dribbble invite?

I really want to join the dribbble community, so was wondering whether anyone could invite me? I made a dribbble account (http://dribbble.com/bengibbons) but obviously need to be invited to have the ability to properly join the community.
You can view my client/corporate folio at bengibbons.co.uk.
Thanks a bundle in advance.
Ben

T

Tony Hardy

If I get one I'll fire it over your way. Been on there 3/4 months now and haven't had an invite yet!

T

Tony Hardy

No problem. I think it's rare they give out invites to be honest. Unless you have to be a Pro user?

Tony Hardy said:
No problem. I think it's rare they give out invites to be honest. Unless you have to be a Pro user?
Possibly, had a quick google and found this phrase:
WHAT’S A PRO ACCOUNT?Anyone can purchase a Pro Account for Pro Search access to Find Designers by skill and location, and have a Pro badge appear on their profile to show support for the community. Pro scouts get the monthly limit for messages to designers for hire lifted, while Pro players and prospects can be found and contacted for work opportunities. Pro Players additionally get: projects, attachments and stats.
But that's the only real reference tompro accounts I could find.
Ben

Levi

Staff member
can someone tell me whats so 'good' about dribbble compared with say any of the other image based 'portfolio' sites...

Levi said:
can someone tell me whats so 'good' about dribbble compared with say any of the other image based 'portfolio' sites...
I guess they get a lot more visits and views than everyone else. I also believe Dribbble is great for search engine optimisation.

T

Tony Hardy

Levi said:
It's quite restrictied too. So you can only post "shots" of a certain size, forcing people to think creatively about how they're going to display their work for the best.

Levi said:
I wouldn't call it a 'portfolio site', as Tony said, you are restricted to small shots. I think it's supposed to be more about showing snippets of what you're currently working on rather than displaying completed projects.

I think the standard of work on Dribbble is always high because you have to be invited and most of the designers i look up to use it so i'd definitely like to be part of that community.