Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a spare dribbble invite?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by GibbonIt, May 5, 2013.

1. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

I really want to join the dribbble community, so was wondering whether anyone could invite me? I made a dribbble account (http://dribbble.com/bengibbons) but obviously need to be invited to have the ability to properly join the community.
    You can view my client/corporate folio at bengibbons.co.uk.
    Thanks a bundle in advance.
    Ben

Evitoetty likes this.
  2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

If I get one I'll fire it over your way. Been on there 3/4 months now and haven't had an invite yet!

3. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Cheers, that would be much appreciated :)

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

No problem. I think it's rare they give out invites to be honest. Unless you have to be a Pro user?

5. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Possibly, had a quick google and found this phrase:
    WHAT’S A PRO ACCOUNT?Anyone can purchase a Pro Account for Pro Search access to Find Designers by skill and location, and have a Pro badge appear on their profile to show support for the community. Pro scouts get the monthly limit for messages to designers for hire lifted, while Pro players and prospects can be found and contacted for work opportunities. Pro Players additionally get: projects, attachments and stats.
    But that's the only real reference tompro accounts I could find.
    Ben

6. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

Hope you don't mind if I jump on the back of this. Was kinda going to ask the same thing! If anybody else has a spare one I'd appreciate it too. My Dribbble username is http://dribbble.com/JonnaHealey.

7. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

No problem :) Followed - A followback would be appreciated to get us known and therefore invited. Best of luck finding an invite :)

Jonna Healey likes this.
  8. shaunalynn

shaunalynn Active Member

I had two about 3 months after I started and filled them. I've been a member almost a year and haven't received any others.

9. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

Ive never had one either...Although I rarely actually use dribbble.

10. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

Followed back, your website looks pretty sweet. Nice design!

GibbonIt likes this.
  11. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

The search is over. Got drafted, catch me here, posting a debut soon: http://dribbble.com/bengibbons
    @Jonna will let you know if I get an invite myself :)

12. floriographic

floriographic Member

13. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Will do if I get one :)

14. floriographic

floriographic Member

Cheers Ben!

15. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

@Ben. Nice shots so far, like the Dribbble basketball :)

16. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Basically, you never get invites to hand out.

17. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

can someone tell me whats so 'good' about dribbble compared with say any of the other image based 'portfolio' sites...

18. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I guess they get a lot more visits and views than everyone else. I also believe Dribbble is great for search engine optimisation.

19. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It's quite restrictied too. So you can only post "shots" of a certain size, forcing people to think creatively about how they're going to display their work for the best.

20. floriographic

floriographic Member

I wouldn't call it a 'portfolio site', as Tony said, you are restricted to small shots. I think it's supposed to be more about showing snippets of what you're currently working on rather than displaying completed projects.

I think the standard of work on Dribbble is always high because you have to be invited and most of the designers i look up to use it so i'd definitely like to be part of that community.