Does any one know which font is used for the Universal Credit logo?

TheresaMooch

Hello all I have just joined and hope you good folk can help as I have drawn a blank using font searches. I want to use the font for UC in an artwork but cannot track it down. Any thoughts as to what it might be?6762 Many thanks!

It was most likely a unique font as it's a government logo.

You might be able to find a decent one online, but if it's for an official document you will need to source actual artwork from them.

Hello Ian, thanks so much for your reply and kind help. Certainly my searches so far have found nothing that ticked all the boxes. I am guessing that the Gov are not often forthcoming with access to their fonts...?

I'm assuming there's some official guidelines or licensing that you would need to go through if it was an official document.

Hmmm yes, that sounds plausible. Licensing unlikely to be granted as the artwork is casting a critical eye over the relationship between the healthy aspirations of a resort town and the unhealthy reality of UC for so many in the town. I may have to recruit a looky likey font. What a minefield!
Thank you again Ian for your help.

I would find the best one you can online, then Live Trace it if it's a bit ropey.

Thanks hankscorpio, yes there seemed to be one element in one font and one in another. I am leaning towards creating a freehand version of it that looks quite painterly. Gotta get the gig first! : )

Back