Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you tattoo?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by pangolin, Mar 23, 2009.

1. pangolin

pangolin Member

Well, you're all graphic-y, art-y folk, plus I know at least one of you lot do, and since he was a wimp and wouldn't make this thread after I asked so nicely.. :p
    Come on, show off your ink! Sorry for the belly pic, but it's kinda a necessity for showing mine!
  2. did think about getting one done across my back a few years ago but never did...
  3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

As part of my mid life crisis I keep promising myself a full arm tattoo but I can never justify the expense. Or the pain:p
  4. pangolin

pangolin Member

Hah! I think blokes are at a disadvantage - us women have dealt with period pains, waxing and epilating legs, armpits and other places, eyebrow plucking, and some of us childbirth (not me!), tattoos are almost a piece of cake. I didn't find mine totally unbearable, and it's kind of addictive - though once it hits an area over bone, that certainly wakes you up a bit. The second one was worse, as it was a darker tattoo so needed two sessions, going over almost freshly tattooed skin is not quite so nice.
    I happen to know the guy who did mine so I got mate's rates, an hour and a half of work for the price of 10 minutes, otherwise I think I would've been waiting a while before going under the needle too - though if you look at the detail that goes into it, you can see why they get away with charging so much
  5. I used to wax my body when I played rugby in New Zealand.. having pubic hair ripped out on a tackle is not nice :cry:
  6. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Really? I quite like it..
  7. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

Just to help me re-prioritize myself when im too caught up in my own selfish world.
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I've had this for about 2 years but this was taken just after it was made so it's very shiny and fresh looking here compared to now. I want to get it extended down my arm and also up the chest. I've got 2 more on my back and leg, I'll try to get pics of them soon.

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i think you'll find I said i didnt want to be branded a giant nerd!

but seening as you've started this now...

all of mine have alot more meaning than they would seem, positive reminders of good times.

first time

yes, they are the imperial and rebellion logos from star wars, and there are 6 stripes, one for each film. But in truth I wanted something to represent good and evil (with an over-ridding sense of floating perception of good and evil), average suggestion was "insert character alphabet here", and i would always reply, I'm welsh, not "blah", why would that have any relevance to me, so I picked the only thing that had good and evil (with a floating perception) that had been in my life as far back as I can remember and that was star wars.

2nd sitting

I had this done when my old band where recording our EP, any guesses on the title? Well it ended up being changed, but it is still part of the chorus of the first song we wrote.

I was asked to be a best man, I'd known the bride and groom separately for 5+years before they met and they are 2 of my best friends, super honoured to do it. this is part of the pattern on mine and the groom's waistcoat and tie

4th same thing on both arms, sorry its not a better pic.

Finishing my masters and the end of old band/beginning of the new one all seemed to go hand in hand, so I wanted to get symbols of hope at the beginning of my new life, I had a hoody with these birds on it, the artist being one of the people I always dreamt of playing with, but never got to, so I decided that these birds are reminders to keep trying for my dreams no matter what. One for my work life, one for my music life...

I'm sure there will be more as my life continues.
  10. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

I have a black dragon, above my left ankle [cant seem to find a photo of it]

and a blue octopus in UV ink, on my right forearm

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

now that i like!
  12. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

In the parlance of you kids.. It's UBER cool..
  13. dayum them's some crazy tattoo's!
  14. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

I do, yes! I have two at the present, but only one of them is decent enough to show, I'll see if I cannot find a picture.

I'm hoping to eventually have my entire left arm done.
  15. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I was having a look at McFaul's new web site and I came across this on their blog.
    McFaul designed the tattoo and it shows the progression over the six sittings.

Really nice work from both the designer and the tattooist.

Over on Tado's site you can see some of their tattoo designs but I'm afraid I can't link to it as it's in flash.