• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you accept American Express/Amex

So as it says I don't currently accept Amex over the telephone jut now as when I had taken out my merchant account with my supplier i decided against it due to their stupid fees but recently I've had a few clients/customers asking to use american express is it worth getting it added to my account and paying the almost 5% fee on each transaction ?

I accept all other major credit/debit cards at the moment.

What does every one else think ? Do you accept Amex?

Iain

Yea kate i think your right. I personally don't think theirs any point in accepting it. just a few of my clients preferd choice of card is Amex i should just ask them to switch LOL

We've never accepted Amex - every other major card is fine. Where clients have requested to use AMex - a subsequent card has always been offered. I've had an Amex card for many years (great bonuses, insurance, etc) and try to use it where I can. It's a clever strategy by Amex - every cardholder is a sales person in practice.

Dave L

Not my area at all but is there not a precedent for passing on fees to people when they want to pay by more expensive methods (or is that just the kind of wheeze you find with budget airlines)?

Not my area at all but is there not a precedent for passing on fees to people when they want to pay by more expensive methods (or is that just the kind of wheeze you find with budget airlines)?
I think it applies anywhere when booking something whither it's tickets for a flight or tickets for the cinema LOL

Further more i decided against it too much hassle for what it's really worth.