Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do not rush proofing!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Just had this A6 flyer posted through the door, same mistake both sides, surely this was spotted at the proofing stage, lol :icon_rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

oh dear! hehehe!

3. Arhiann

Arhiann Member

is that a drop shadow I see as well (in addition to the spelling). Oh dear.

There's a diving/watersports place local to me that sells "snorkles", and that's on an illuminated sign that must be 50 feet tall.

A funny one I remember was the address for Lotus Cars being misspelt as "Norrwich", exactly as the locals say it.

4. dot design

dot design Member

Bad times!

Maybe they spotted it and just thought 'oh well we have had 100,000 printed and no one will notice!'

Big mistake, everyone who sees that will think that they are unprofessional.

5. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Question is, whos to blame!? The client will blame the designer for the typo, who will blame the proof reader for missing it, who will blame the client for approving it.....

6. dot design

dot design Member

Ultimately the client is to blame they would have final signoff

7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

8. dot design

dot design Member

9. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

10. Oh no!:icon_hide:

Not sure it would stop me from calling them if I got the flyer through and needed a quote..:icon_dunno:

Pauline

11. SOTRC

SOTRC New Member

Oh crumbs!!! *silent chuckle to myself*

Maybe constuction is some new trade that we all don't know about yet... eer... okay maybe not :icon_tongue_smilie:

Two words... "SPELL CHECKER!"

12. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Spell check would have picked that up but not everything can be spell checked. Apostrophes bug me. . . Some how it's never the client's fault. But I've found that clients don't check things properly. . . or can't spell (or read or see. . . )