DJ Twistatix site

I'm not the greatest when it comes to web design, However, I do know how to make a mean poster for print for live events with DJays, Rockstars etc etc

I feel you need to bring more emotion into this piece, give it some more layers of layered objects, be bright and spontaneous, be over zealous, take it to the point where its too full that the human eye cant decipher it anymore then pull it back into a master piece.

Course I don't know the brief to this but bring in the whole geometric shapes idea from your first and brighten those colours up more, make them fluoro and attention grabbing and use these angled elements to make the basis of your designs border, be edgy. Then try ditch all that text, way too much, surely that can be cut down significantly and presented in a nice typeface with some big bold headings.

DJaying is all about mashups and freestyling, interpreting the music and going with your inhibitions. Bring all this into the site design

hope this helps ;)

I like the idea of the second one, using a photo relating to the dj (such as headphones) at the bottom of your divider line. My first thought was to have say, headphones on your homepage, then speakers on your about page etc etc varying them across the site.

Something it needs though is bolder colours....

The background fits well but the pink of the logo is too pasttelly. Have each of your menu links/buttons a different colour with an outer glow and maybe some light lines? Same goes for your headings...

Maybe something like my background that I created in illustrator....

26d1232383268-picking-name-your-brand-my-desktop.jpg

I'm not following you on the bolder colors aspect (?)... But agreed, I could get some color in my navigation, and switching images between pages would definitely make it more interesting. The colorful vector was supposed to represent spotlights or stroboscope lights. Did it work? :p

It's a good start, but I think it's lacking some impact. I'm a DJ myself and I'd find this design a bit dull if it was for me. It's about music, dancing and partying, so you have the chance here to go crazy and be really creative. I think you should make it way more edgy, funky and be really bold (unless the brief said not to of course).

Perhaps introduce some transparency and some more graphical elements. The top right hand area above the content seems a bit empty or something, maybe add some graphics there? It just needs some more "umpf" in general :)

I'm not mad about the logo either, was that supplied to you? Just doesn't look like much thought has been put in to it.

Hope that was constructive in some way.

@philjohns: personally, i don't think that site's great... the boldness, i guess, but the main content are isn't bold at all, it's just text and a picture...

Gives you an idea though - didnt want to go spending too much time on it...not my client . Just trying to give onartis a hand in coming up with something really bold.

i know you were trying to help, obviously. i was saying that it didn't look amazingly bold IMO.

Definitely gonna go for the Mark Monroe style :)
Thanks for the help guys, will work some more on it

Onartis, maybe, maybe not
Phono Phunk

very old site now, and questionable navigation (whats on looks off etc) but love the header graphics per page ... you may get some inspiration like.... also, what a fantastic domain name phonopunk! lol

Back